Saturday, September 5, 2009

Turning a Corner

Nurse Sally said that Alyssa has really turned a corner. I love that the nurses get excited because Alyssa is doing so much better. We all rejoice when she has a wet diaper, when she doesn't require as much oxygen support, when she opens her eyes. I was talking with Nurse Sally (who has been with her the majority of the time) and we were talking about how good she looks. She is slowly turning more and more pink and her swelling is going down gradually. Her facial features are more prominent and she moves her arms and hands better. In fact she grips my pinky finger. We are trying to get her to suck her fingers but Alyssa jerks her hand back when I move my hand from hers. She is also becoming more alert and responsive. She tries so hard to open her eyes and keep them open when I talk or sing to her. But sometimes when there is an unexpected sound in the room she'll pop her eyes open quickly to look and then shut them just as fast. You can see in this picture that her nose is more prominent. Her eyes look like they are dark blue but it is hard to tell. Every time I close my eyes I see her perfect little face. It is so hard to be apart from her but I know that God is taking care of her and I see it more and more every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment