Alyssa is having PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) surgery tonight. This will help her blood route to her lungs. We are waiting for her oxygen levels to stabilize and then they will start the surgery. The doctor will let us know once it is finished and he says that he has done a surgery like this before on a baby smaller than Alyssa. I can only have hope and faith that God will see her through this. This isn't the only bump in the road we learned about tonight. They put her under phototheraphy lights. The doctor said that if her bilirubin levels do not decrease that she would require an extremely risky exchange transfusion. We are praying that her levels decrease and we will find out tonight if she will need the exchange transfusion.
She will need another surgery within the week to unblock a part of her intestine. The doctor says that once this is done she can be put on food.
We have so many obstacles it seems but I know everything is possible with God. We had her baptized before we left for them to prep her for surgery. It was incredibly emotional and I am so thankful that we were able to do this before her surgery. I know that no matter what God has a plan for her and for us. It has been a rough day full of ups and downs but I know that God is in control even if the outcome is not what we want. Please continue to pray for our baby girl. We can't express our gratitude for your constant prayers.