Tuesday, August 4, 2009

24 Weeks

My family surprised me with a baby shower! It was so nice and I am so happy Jamie was able to be there. My sister and mom are the only two who have felt her kick. Even Jamie hasn't felt her kick yet. It's cute because my brothers (who are 10) get excited and are always asking if she is kicking.

The heat out here is killing me. My hands and feet swell like crazy. But it is so nice to be here and to see everyone.

We went to church and there was a lady standing outside with a little girl with Down syndrome. I went and talked to her for a little bit (I feel so compelled to do so now) and it was nice to hear how well the little girl was doing. I think the mom was a little put off at first but when I explained to her that I am expecting a girl with Down syndrome she seemed to soften a little bit. I was talking to my dad about it and it's like now that I know she has Down syndrome I see it more or I pay attention more.

I don't know how I will get back to Missouri with all the stuff I have. My mom is going crazy with all the baby stuff and it is multiplying every day. I'm excited to take it all back and put it up and start to decorate her room.

My next appointment is in a week and I will post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment