Thursday, August 20, 2009

27 Weeks

I was finally able to get in touch with someone at the hospital. I didn't speak to my doctor but the woman who spoke with me made me feel a little better. The outcome has not changed but at least she sounded hopeful. She told me that the chances are still more bad than good and that we should prepare for the worst but hope for the best. And that's what we're doing. It is really uplifting to hear about all of the prayers for our little girl. My faith keeps me going and helps me keep a smile on my face. It helps to be at work and to take my mind off of everything (a little bit). I still can't help but get a little worried if I haven't felt her move. Feeling her kick is my assurance that she's ok.

Jamie and I have been reading Charlotte's Web to her at night. It's so touching to see him. The other night she was moving around a lot while he was reading to her. What makes this experience even harder is to see him so upset by it all. But God has already answered two of my prayers. The first was for Jamie to feel her kick and the second was for 30 weeks or better (if they deliver her early). Based on the conversation with the woman at the hospital, they would not do anything until mid to late 30s. Having those two answered keeps me hopeful that she will gain weight and I will see my baby girl. We can only wait and pray.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you to make it into the 30's!! Do you have a name or do you wish to share it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog through Adrienne. I think you'll soon find out that having a child with Down syndrome can be (and is in our lives!) a huge blessing in your lives and she will touch many hearts. Your strength and faith in God are beautiful. I'll keep you and your sweet baby in our prayers, too. I pray she will surprise the doctors and be a shining witness for true beauty. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also came across your blog through Adrienne. I will be keeping you in my prayers Danielle! My first daughter Katlyn was stillborn at 28 weeks. God decided she was too good to be on this earth so he called her up to heaven and made her an angel. Now I've been blessed with another daughter Caydence. You just have to keep the faith. The world works in mysterious ways, but never give up hope. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for your precious little girl! As I can tell you already know, God is the Great Physician and all things are possible through Him.

    I am blessed to be the mommy of Lily, my beautiful 15 month old who is blessed with an extra chromosome. She brings so much joy to her daddy and me.

    God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw on your previous post you said her cord is clogged... Do you know if it's a blog clot? I was just wondering cuz my first daughter died from blood clots in her placenta. I had a underlying clotting disorder I didn't know about. So this past pregnancy I was on blood thinners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying for you and your family! My daughter Lauren is 20 months old and has Down syndrome. She is doing tremendously well, and I hope that baby Alyssa will also!

    ReplyDelete