Saturday, August 29, 2009

28 Weeks

Alyssa looks good! These are the words of the doctor. We had our appointment yesterday. I was anxious the whole drive up there. I decided to go a different way and am so happy I did. The drive was beautiful and helped keep me positive...even though I was anxious.

The appointment wasn't long. We had an ultrasound and the technician went through it in less than 5 minutes. I asked for her weight and the tech said that she was not allowed to give me that information. I started to get so upset and frustrated because that is the only thing that the doctor is worried about. She said that the doctor told her before she called me back not to measure anything and that he would explain.

The doctor said that he measures growth every 4-5 weeks. His explanation made me feel better as to why he didn't want me to know. He said that if we measured her every time I came in it would not accurately reflect how well she is growing. Plus I have a little plan up my sleeve. I have a doctor's appointment September 4 on post and I plan on asking my doctor for her weight then. I know, I know...maybe I should just wait until my appointment at Columbia. But not knowing is making me obsess about not knowing.

All I can do is thank God that we didn't have another bad appointment. I was praying for good news and we got that. She is doing well, her organs look good. The game plan as of now is to wait, pray and hope that she continues to do well. We are praying for 35 weeks or better and that is less than 7 weeks away. In the meantime please continue to pray! I can't tell you how much we appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Such great news!! I bet she is growing just fine in there! Are you going to start non stress tests soon or have they mentioned that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you and your sweet baby girl! Stay positive and take good care of yourself! All my best to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo glad your appt. went well! Me and Caydee are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete