Thursday, July 2, 2009

20 Weeks It's a...

I woke up this morning energized and ready for the day. I had my appointment (THE BIG appointment) at 8:30 and I was ready! Boy or girl? The question would be (hopefully) answered. I drank my 16 ounces of liquid (pure torture - I had to go to the bathroom 5 minutes later) and we went to the appointment.

I waited patiently as the tech took 20 minutes to move the thing around and take measurements. It seemed like forever but I kept reminding myself to be patient! After what seemed like forever, she let Jamie in (he went to the restroom as soon as we got there - lucky) and it was time to find out! But the baby had other plans. The whole time we only saw the baby's profile. To make matters more difficult the baby decided to sleep with its legs crossed. So no matter what the tech did she could not get a good look at what was there. And my little peanut had both hands on its head so we couldn't get a good head shot. I guess it's to be expected. After all, this is my kid.

I have my other appointment on Monday and I am more hopeful that we will get the answer I have been waiting for. The ultrasound machine they use is more high-tech and it is later in the day so hopefully my kid will have enough beauty sleep to show us all of his/her attributes!

No comments:

Post a Comment