Friday, April 17, 2009

Wrong week...again

Ok so I am actually 9 weeks. 9 weeks, 4 days to be exact. Today's appointment was a tad stressful. First, I couldn't find parking. I was stressing that I would miss the 15 minute window they tell you to arrive and then tell me that I would miss my appointment.

Fast forward to the exam room. The nurse comes in and says that today's appointment would just be a quick physical and go over lab results. I asked about the ultrasound and she responded that we wouldn't do an ultrasound today. I started tearing up as I explained to her that the whole reason I was here today was to get an ultrasound so I could surprise my dad in one week. Well turns out I needed one anyway because the nurse could not locate the baby's heartbeat.

So the doctor takes us to the ultrasound room but not all of the equipment is sterile. So she gets the wand ready and can't find the baby. Then she tells me that it could be because I have a full bladder or because I am not really pregnant and I had an egg that was never fertilized. That's when panic and a meltdown almost set in. So she told me to go to the restroom and we would try again. But the second time was fine and she was able to find the baby. But she said that it looked like the baby was not 11 weeks. So she made an appointment at OBGYN to get a more in-depth ultrasound. After that everything was fine. So my experience might not sound all that stressful to you. But with hormones and my anticipation for a smooth experience rattled my nerves.

But in the end, I got to see my baby wiggling his/her fingers and moving around. I got to hear the heartbeat. And I got plenty of pictures to give my parents.

1 comment:

  1. I was stressed out as I read, so I don't think it was hormones, it was real stress! YAY I'm so glad to see baby Rutherford!!!! Rub your belly for me and tell the baby I can't wait to se more pictures until we can meet in person! I love you and miss you Danielle!!!

    ReplyDelete